First, determine your customer ID via one of the below options:
- View your customer ID via Charles Proxy or a similar proxy tool while you have a session in the app;
- If Test Mode is implemented in your app, you may use the Rapid Push Verification Tool in order to scan a QR code and view your customer ID.
If neither of the above options are available, you may also contact Support with your device’s Advertising Identifier and we will be happy to look up your customer ID(s).
- For iOS devices, you could also download the My Tune Device app and share your IFA ( Identifier for Advertising).
- For Android devices, you may share the GAID (Google Advertising ID) found on Android devices via:
Settings > Google > Ads > GAID.
Once you know your customer ID(s), follow the below steps to implement a “Test User” profile.
Navigate to the Profiles tab of the dashboard and select Actions–>Upload CSV
After selecting Upload CSV, the UPLOAD PROFILES box will appear. Then select: Download a sample CSV row
3. Insert your customer id in the first column under the customer ID header. In the second column, the header should be the name of your new Profile attribute (ie. “Test Users”) and the value set for each customer ID could be the users name or just a simple Yes value. (At anytime, you can add additional customer IDs to this profile attribute by simply re-uploading the CSV with newer customer IDs added. Any existing customer IDs in the file will just get re-written.) Then save the file.
- Navigate back to the Profile tab in the dashboard and select Action–>Upload CSV. Choose Upload to Your Org and Choose a file to Import
Select your CSV file and upload to the dashboard. Once uploaded, it can take roughly 5-10 minutes for the profiles to update on the Localytics backend and be targetable from the Audience tab.
Lastly, create your audience including the new Profile attribute “Test Users is one of xx”