Because Localytics uses data points as a metric for billing, you may find it useful to see where you stand in terms of data point usage. The following will show you two methods to find this information:
How to find data point usage in the "Settings" section:
- Click "Settings" in the left-hand nav bar of your dashboard
- Under "Apps" (the first screen you arrive on) look at the top header which will outline the type of contract your organization has with Localytics as well as the
Total MAUs, and the amount of
Total Monthly Data Points. See the image below for clarification.
- If this header with information does not populate for you, you may not have the correct permissions to view this. Check our documentation on permissions here for clarification. If you still wish to see this data without these permissions, follow the next section.
How to find data point usage with the Query Builder
- Navigate to the Query Builder on your Localytics Dashboard home page.
- Query across all of your apps for the number of
Occurrences(Events) under "Metrics".
- Then, separately query
Sessionsunder "Metrics." To account for Session Open and Session Close which are each separate data points.
- Add these two numbers together and it will equal your total data point usage. For example, the formula would be
2(Sessions) + Occurrences = Total Data Points
- *For the most accurate query, change your date range to reflect three days prior to the current date, and adjust your start date accordingly. Reason being our calculations trail three days to account for offline behavior attributed to a specific session.