In-app messages can play a unique role in your app marketing strategy. By enabling you to reach users while they are already engaged in your app, they offer an opportunity to deepen the app experience with targeted, contextually-relevant content.
- Onboard new users by using in-app messages during the first-time user experience
- Highlight new app features
- Target highly-engaged users with subscription offers
- Send Net Promoter Score (NPS) Surveys and get promoters to rate your app in the App Store
Here are some recommendations for creating compelling in-app messaging campaigns:
- Consider the context and target audience for your message. In Localytics, you can trigger an in-app message to display at session start, or upon a specific event in the app.
- Use compelling imagery. In-app messages are fully customizable with HTML. Eye-catching message design is sure to capture user interest.
- Include a clear call to action. Make it clear to your users what you want them to do next.
- Use targeting to reach people at the right stage in the user lifecycle. You don't want to send a subscription offer to a brand new user, or an onboarding message to a long-term user.
For additional recommendations, check out our extensive best practices blog here