The short answer here would be no. Places campaigns are only triggered when a user enters or exits the geofence. If a user is already inside the geofence when a new Places campaign is created, they won't receive the message until they exit or re-enter the geofence (depending on if the campaign is triggered on exit or entrance).
Articles in this section
- How can I debug my places integration on Android?
- How can I create an In-app Message to promote Location permission opt-in?
- Can I send a Places campaign to people who are currently inside a geofence?
- How long will it take for the user to receive the push message once a user triggers a Places Campaign?
- Can I personalize text in Places campaigns like I personalize a regular push message (geofence details, user name, etc.)?
- Can you trigger other message types (like in-app or inbox) using geofences?
- What’s the difference between a Localytics Place Entered event and a Localytics Place Visited event?
- What information is captured in the Places event tags?
- What if a user is in a car when they go through a geofence? Will that data be captured, even if the user is going 60+MPH?
- If an app has Places, what impact will it have on a phone’s battery life?