At some point, you may be inclined to see data as it is being passed from the client to the server for clarification on what is being collecting, debugging, finding an individual's customer ID (for testing purposes), or confirming a device has a valid push token uploaded. To do this, follow these steps:
Here are the steps to set up Charles proxy
Charles proxy is a web debugging proxy application that let's you connect a mobile device to your computer's network to see network-level activity occurring on your device (to see Localytics activity).
For more information on Charles proxy, check out their documentation Here
On your computer:
- Download, install, and run Charles proxy from Here
- Click the gear icon > Proxy Settings > Proxies Tab > HTTP Proxy Port = 8888 > check "Enable transparent HTTP proxying".
- Click on the Proxy Menu > SSL Proxy Settings > Add (button) > Edit Location (prompt) > Host = * ; Port = *
- Obtain the IP Address of the computer with Charles proxy > Help (menu) > Local IP Address
On your device:
- Make sure the mobile device and computer are connected to the same wireless network
- For iOS: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on network > Scroll down to "HTTP Proxy" and select "Manual"
- Server = IP address from step 4
- Port = 8888
- Leave"Authentication" disabled
For Android:Go to Setting > Wi-Fi > long press name of currently commented network > Modify Network config > Show Advance options (check box)
- Proxy Settings (drop down menu) = Manual
- Proxy Host Name = (IP address from step 4)
- Proxy Port = 8888
- Bypass proxy for = leave blank
- IP settings = DHCP
- In a browser on your device (other than Chrome) go to http://www.charlesproxy.com/getssl > should pop up dialogue box and name Certificate.
- In Charles proxy, select "Sequence" and then filter by our host "analytics.localytics.com" to see live data being collected by Localytics.
Raw data will be seen in the "Request" tab once filtered by the the Localytics host.
A full glossary of the data captured by the Localytics SDK may be found in This Article.