No setup is required in the Localytics Dashboard to enable Attribution for web apps.
The Localytics Web SDK will automatically determine whether an end user navigating to your app arrived with UTM parameters. Localytics supports tracking via three specific UTM parameters: utm_source, utm_medium, and utm_campaign.
- Decide what UTM parameters you want to capture.
- Compose your web attribution link to include the UTM parameters.
- Insert your web attribution link into your campaign.
- Send your campaign.
- Log in to the Localytics Dashboard to view your Attribution data.
When a new end user clicks on the link, the Localytics Web SDK will capture the UTM parameters you specify. Localytics will associate the new end user, as well as their session and event data, with the appropriate marketing source, medium, and campaign for the earliest of either:
- the next 30 days, OR
- until the end user arrives at your web app again with different UTM parameters.
Then, you can use any of your UTM parameters as dimensions in the Analytics Dashboard, and employ these parameters to filter or split.
Given the differences in acquisition methodology between mobile apps and web apps, the Attribution Dashboard will not display counts of acquired users for your web app.