Localytics Uninstall Tracking depends on a silent push to track users that uninstall the app. This feature depends on an active subscription to Uninstall Tracking, and integration and provisioning of your app. See our integration guides for (iOS and Android) for details.
There are a few things that can interfere with uninstalls tracking accurately:
- Push tokens are required to track users; these tokens should be sent at app start and must be re-sent on app upgrade. Localytics default push integration takes care of doing this automatically, but you'll need to take care of sending us tokens (regardless of notification permissions) at app start to ensure we're tracking all users.
- iOS 8+ and Localytics iOS SDK v4+ are required for tracking uninstalls for users with notifications disabled. iOS 7 / Localytics iOS SDK v3 uninstalls can only be tracked for users if they have notifications enabled.
- Uninstall events are only reported if they occur after Uninstall Tracking is provisioned for your app. We do not report prior uninstalls to avoid noise in the data (since all those uninstalls would get timestamped with the day of the first run).
- Uninstalls can only be reported if users have opened the app at least once while online so Localytics can collect the push tokens; if you have an existing app integration it may take some time to collect push tokens for your existing users.
- If you have a large existing user base on Localytics SDK 3.8, or if you previously registered for push late in your app’s lifecycle, it may take time for your reported uninstall rate to reach its true level. As adoption grows for your new build, the number of uninstalls we report may go up for your app - this is expected as we’ll be able to track a larger percentage of your users that we previously did not have tokens for.