Tracking daily, weekly and monthly users over time can help you identify cyclical variances as well as the impact of your acquisition and marketing programs. Analyzing how the number of DAU, WAU, and MAU are changing over time is a great first step to understanding the health of your app. We recommend identifying your most important metrics and saving these charts to a dashboard. Pro tip: Save both chart view and a table view. Then place the table underneath the chart for easy viewing in the dashboard.
To identify your daily active users:
- Navigate to Usage.
- Select your desired time period from the date range filter.
- Select Users from the drop-down.
- Select Day, Week, or Month from the drop-down.
- Optionally, split by Platform or New vs. Returning.
- Save this to a dashboard and repeat for weekly or monthly active users.