The Events dashboard allows you to quickly see rich details and trends related to tracked behaviors within your app.
The report provides a summary of Event behavior observed over a specified time period. For more details on how Localytics captures Events, see Events, Event Attributes & Lifetime Value. To rename, hide, or disable Events, check out our section on Events in the Settings article.
To access the Events dashboard, select Events from the sidebar (under Analytics).
Like most analytics reports, you'll be able to Filter by Dimension and/or Profile, set a date range, change the view, save your report, and apply data splits. To learn more about these features, check out our article on the anatomy of an analytics report.
When you land on the Events dashboard, you'll see the data for all of your events. If you want to view the data for a specific event, click the event's name in the sidebar.
You can search for a specific event using the search bar, and you can change the sorting method from by Count to by Name for easier access.
If, at any time, you need to manage your Event Groups, click the gear icon at the top of the sidebar to create a new group and edit any current groups.
The Events report provides various metrics that are defined as follows:
|Occurrences||Number of users who triggered the event|
|Users||Number of times the event occurred|
|Sessions||Number of sessions during which the event occurred|
|Occurrences per User||Number of times the event occurred divided by the total number of active users|
|Occurrences per Session||Number of times the event occurred divided by the total number of sessions|
Event groups are used to combine a number of Events together to see analytics aggregated from all of those defined Events.
Event groups offer similar functionality to single Events in terms of filtering and splitting your data. Creating an Event group may be beneficial if you have a number of Events that you could bucket into a single category (i.e. grouping the viewing of certain men's clothing categories).
You can create Event Groups by clicking the gear icon in the Events list sidebar.
From there select New Group. Name the group and click the green plus button to add events to the group.
Add as many events as you'd like to the Group. When you're finished, don't forget to Save Changes.
If you are seeing a value of
"[Unspecified]" for a given Event Attribute, this means that the Event was triggered with no value assigned for that Event Attribute. For more, see this help article.
The Events dashboard can surface a lot of different metrics and action items for your app. Consider using the Events report to:
- Know which behaviors are most popular in your app.
- Apply splits and filters to look for meaningful trends or outliers using any Event Attribute, Dimension or Custom Dimension.
- Determine on average how many times an event is being performed during a session by setting the metric to Occurrences per Session.
- Measure and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs). Identify Events that constitute KPIs and consider using the Export feature to add to a Custom Dashboard or send daily, weekly, or monthly emails.
- Using rate metrics such as Occurrences per User, observe trends in how often an average active user performs an Event. This allows you to measure changes in behavior that are not related to overall usage spikes or dips.