The best way to ensure that you're correctly targeting your customers based on their characteristics is to send customer ID information to Localytics. You can use Profiles to add the audience data in one of the following ways:
- Upload a CSV file which may look like customerid | profile_attribute | attribute_value, where the profile_attribute and attribute_value are to be used as criteria for an audience.
- Send a list of customer IDs to our Profiles API and use that profile as criteria for the audience.
- You can use our Push API to send a push to a custom list of users.
Due to Localytics functionality designed to safeguard your end users' Personally-Identifiable Information (PII), you cannot upload a list of IDFVs, IDFAs, or other advertising identifiers to create an audience.
If you use Localytics Remarketing, you could also employ Localytics Audience Exports functionality to target relevant end users. If you're attempting to export an audience consisting of the people that you acquired from an acquisition source with a data retention policy (e.g. only users acquired Facebook or from Twitter (or from specific Facebook or Twitter campaigns), please be aware that Localytics contractual obligations prohibit you from using these criteria to target downstream marketing. This means that:
- The Localytics Dashboard will NOT allow you to conduct an Audience Export defined by criteria like "Acquisition Source = Facebook".
- The Localytics Dashboard will include Facebook- or Twitter-acquired users in an Audience Export that is not explicitly defined by Facebook- or Twitter-related criteria; so if you export an audience like "all people who were new users in the past month", your export will include users acquired from Facebook or Twitter (along with users acquired from any other acquisition source).
Similarly, your app's Localytics raw data logs will omit the "acquire_source" and "acquire_campaign" properties for Facebook- and Twitter-acquired users.